Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Phase One by Sak

Sometimes I want to lock myself up
Protect others from my irrationality
My jealous nature taking over from time to time
In moments of weakness, crying out to anyone with the time of day
Afraid of my influences, the culture gets to me, seeps from my veins

Away, away to beyond that starry shore
Take me away from this place of no return
Crying for shame
Am I not in control?
Angry at how I let myself go...

Disappointed in my selfish gaze
If I bared my soul, would it be like bearing my breast?
Would I shrink back in shame?
Would you shudder in detest?

Wretched, wretched lie, come bid me now...
Forever inflamed in a passionate embrace
Sarah is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com