Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2015

List of February Loves

Since today is Valentine's Day, I thought I would share some things I am loving this month.

Album:  Switchfoot's Fading West

This album is quickly becoming one of my favorite albums of all time.  Switchfoot, if you couldn't tell, is one of my favorite bands of all time.  Their lyrics hit me right in my heart. One song in particular brought such clarity to my thinking about life.  It's called, "The World You Want".  If you click the song title, it will take you to the official audio from their Youtube channel.  While I could listen to their whole album on the Youtube platform for free, I decided to buy the album.

Fading West

Netflix:  Switchfoot: Fading West Film

Yes, I am on a Switchfoot kick.  Their film on Netflix is awesome.  They decided to go on tour, surf, and record an album, all while documenting their journey.  You get to witness their heart and soul, reaching the world with their message of love and music.  One line which stuck with me, "If you're leaving your family behind, you better believe in what you are singing."

And I believe them.

It reminds me of a poem I wrote a few years ago, "When you sing, I believe it."

Food:

Cottage Cheese

Yes, I have found a new favorite food to snack on at work.  The cottage cheese I buy comes in a one serving container and has 20 grams of protein.  It keeps me full and away from junk food, while at work anyways.
Sarah is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com