Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"Loneliness" by Sak

"Just remember, I'll be your friend forever,"
Said he to I
"Like a shadow, I will follow,"
Said he to me
"Always around in the midst of a crowd
You can't hide from me"
I fall asleep to his reminders
I wake up to his announcements
I try to shake him,
but he lingers
He's loyal as a dog
He's clever as a cat
Knows just what to say
Knows just how to act
"You need me,"
says he,
but he'll give me my space
Then just when it's time
"I'm back,"
right in my face
A liar, full of deceit
I tell him to shut up
from time to time
He'll begin to whine
He's a coward
He'll give excuses
"They don't really care..."
but they do
"Just remember, I'll be your friend forever."
Sarah is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com