Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Three Years


"You are the call and I am the answer,
You are the wish and I am the fulfillment,
You are the night and I the day.

What else? It is perfect enough,
It is perfectly complete,
You and I,
What more-?" - D. H. Lawrence

Our three year anniversary was spent at The Desmond Hotel in Albany, New York.  The Desmond Hotel is beautiful and unique to the area.  If you ever visit Upstate New York, it is the perfect location for easy access to our Capital Region.  Here is the link to their website, if you are interested.  Let them know SwitchThoseFeet's blog sent you. *wink wink* * nudge nudge*  No, they are not a sponsor and will not know who I am, but it never hurts to recommend a place you love to friends and followers.

The night started with us watching the Starcraft II World Championship series.  We were rooting hard for Scarlett to beat Jaedong, but he cheesed her in the fifth game.  We were disappointed by her loss, but still excited to see a female player rise to win third place in the championships.  We know we haven't seen the last of her.  Jaedong did not go on to win the series.  Polt beat Jaedong 4-0.

We booked a reservation at Barnsider for dinner.  The deciding factor was we both love Barnsider's atmosphere and delicious food.  We both ordered steak and wine.  For dessert, Joe had deep fried ice cream and I broke my gluten free diet to eat a fudge brownie sundae.  It was so good.  Here is the link to the restaurant.  You will be delighted by their service.

The Desmond Hotel has a Koi Pond and the fish were very friendly.  They all came over to visit with us.



The next morning, we had breakfast at the Scrimshaw, one of three eateries located inside The Desmond.  Joe ordered Eggs Benedict and I ordered a ham omelet.  We also ordered a side of bacon.  Both of our dishes came with breakfast potatoes.  We are both not huge fans of potatoes at breakfast, but these were no ordinary potatoes.  They were thinly sliced and looked like uncooked potato chips.  They were delicious and perfect.

We went shopping together at the mall, which sounds dreadful, but early in the day, hardly anyone is there.  We went to Teavana and ordered our usual Samurai Chai Mate/Maharaja Chai Oolong Tea.  In addition, I decided to try the Strawberry Rose Champagne Oolong/Peach Tranquility Herbal Tea.  Once we arrived home, we worked on the house a little, which again, sounds weird to say we did on our anniversary, but it felt good to work on projects together.

Part of me wishes I had brought my Nikon camera, but it was important to focus on the moment.  Joe and I needed some time with just the two of us.  I feel our short time apart from the stresses of our everyday life, allowed us to reconnect and realize how important we are to each other.

Writing about my area, makes me wonder about some of you, who read this blog.

Where are you from and what places would recommend a tourist visit?
Sarah is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com