Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

July Progress Report/August Resolutions


The month of July was a difficult month for me.  While a lot of exciting, fun things happened, it was also a stressful, trying time.  My mind was not focused on resolutions, but I would like to pick up where I left off on my list with a little refinement.

My Prayer Journal will still be my Spiritual Resolution for the month of August.

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." - Philippians 4:6

"Pray without ceasing." - I Thessalonians 5:17

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;  For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;" - I Timothy 2:1-3

In July, I was able to read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.  Instead of focusing on finishing last month's list, I decided to start reading A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin.  It is amazing!  I love the first book.  While I am not finished yet, it is definitely on my Top Ten Books, possibly even my Top Five.  It has drawn me in with it's many characters, multiple perspectives, and many plot points.  The details in this book are like little dropped hints, which I love.  Too many details can lose me in a book, but I feel like the author is giving me just enough, so I can use my imagination.  We will see how many books I can read in August.  Maybe I will be able to finish the list.

My Emotional Resolution last month was to travel and journal.  We did take some cool trips, but only managed to leave the state once, going to Massachusetts for a Six Flags Day.  It was Jen's first time going to Six Flags and her first time on a roller coaster.

My Physical Resolution was to continue eating gluten less and to cut down on sugar.  While I did not succeed with the later, somehow I still lost four more lbs!  It is very exciting to see the numbers go down and feel better about my body.  The gluten free diet is easy for me to follow.  Only very rarely will I crave a wheat product and usually I am strong enough to say no.  Sometimes though...I do give in to temptation, but the majority of the time, I am gluten free.  August I will focus more on consuming less sugar.  I find if I eat a savory food, like cheese, it can curb my sweet craving.  Sugar is highly addictive.  This article from the BBC describes the different types of sugar:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/0/21835302

What foods do you crave?
Sarah is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com