Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

June Resolutions Recap

A beautiful day in June.

My Spiritual Resolution for the month of June was to focus on the Fruit of the Spirit Temperance.  Temperance means self-control.  This month due to some dietary changes and health decisions, I have lost eight pounds.  Practicing self-control with food and eating is a bit of a struggle for me.  I've felt a lot better with the changes I've made and hope to stick to them.

My Mental Resolution for this month was to finish You're Wearing That? by Deborah Tannen, The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier, and to catch up with my Goodreads Challenge, which is to read 52 books in one year.  While I did read World War Z by Max Brooks, No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy, and The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls, this only added up to five books for the month of June.

My Emotional Resolution was to journal.  I did not do enough of this.  This resolution will transfer to July.

My Physical Resolution for June was to continue making healthy eating choices and keep moving.  My determination to eat gluten less has been a success.  Gluten free seems impossible for me at this time, but it is something to strive toward.  The other day I made gluten and MSG free shrimp fried rice.  It was delicious.  People become confused when I tell them I'm trying not to eat any wheat.  I would not go as far as to say I am allergic to wheat, I'm not, but I feel a lot better when I do not consume wheat and other grains which contain gluten.  Plus, the weight loss!  It made me feel great to see the scale go down and stay down.  My digestion has improved.  The gluten less diet is trying at times, just the other day I craved some candy and bought Twizzlers without reading the ingredients until I took the first bite....oops!  I quickly spit it out.  The other night I made the mistake of ordering a regular pizza, instead of gluten free.  It was very disappointing, but I did not deprive myself.  I remind myself, no one is perfect.

The idea of monthly resolutions comes from Kelli from She Learns As She Goes.  She is a wonderful young woman, check out her site.

Tomorrow I will post July's Resolutions.
Sarah is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com