Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

April Mid-Month Progress Report


How am I doing this month?

Let's first take a look at my financial report so far.

Rent:  This month is looking great!  My rent money is all together already, and I still have 2 weeks left in the month.  The extra week has been a great help in setting and keeping a budget.  I wish every month had an extra week.

Car Insurance:  Paid in full for the month.

Cell:  Paid!  The bill is a little over a dollar more this month than last.  I don't know what happened, perhaps they raised a fee?  I'm not complaining too much, just a little.

Netflix:  Paid!

Groceries:  ...

Car Fund:  This fund is a small amount set aside each week in preparation for yearly inspection.  Some states do not have yearly inspection, boy do I miss you Kansas!  If you do not know what yearly inspection is, it is where every year, you bring your car to a mechanic or a dealership and they check your care for safety.  They check your filters, brakes, lights, emissions, etc.  Anyways, if they find anything wrong, which they always do, you have to get it fixed or you do not pass inspection.  If you pass the inspection, you get a sticker placed in your windshield!  Usually, I have just enough money for any minor repairs needed for yearly inspection, but next year I would like to have plenty of money just in case.  Eddie is getting older, he will be fourteen next year.

Gas:  I am not being very intentional about my gas money.  This needs to change.  It is unsafe to run your gas tank too low.  One should have at least 1/4 tank.  Depending on where the nearest gas station is located , maybe one should have more gas in their tank.

Groceries:  My food budget is completely kilter.  Next month's budget is going to have a complete makeover in this particular area.  I am sick and tired of throwing away food, because I did not appropriately plan.

Misc:  My miscellaneous fund has gone mostly to vitamins and supplements.  Next month I will have an envelope marked Health.  The other day I did visit a second hand shop and the Salvation Army shop with my family.  It is such fun to rummage through and find a treasure.  I bought a cute candle topper.  I don't know what else to call it, but I'll include a picture.  I also bought *cough cough* a bunch of *cough cough*  classic Disney videos.

My physical resolution for the month has been difficult to pursue because I have a sprained rib.  The reasons for some of those vitamins and supplements.

I am almost finished with Ender's Game for the second read through.  I am also almost finished with The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz.  The latter is another book chosen by the first book club I joined, but I have since joined a second book club.  I am excited to read Quiet: The Power of Introverts by Susan Cain.

My emotional resolution is going well.  The other day, as I mentioned earlier, we made a family trip.  I spent some time on the phone with my two closest friends.  Next week, I have a plan to visit the Saratoga Battlefields with a friend.

My Spiritual resolution for the month of April is to focus on the Fruit of the Spirit Faith. God truly is faithful, we may fail, but God is steadfast.  He is loyal.  He is always there.  No matter what, I know this to be true.  I want to be a faithful and true friend.  Imagine me singing, "I Can Be Your Friend" from VeggieTales.

If you make monthly resolutions, how are they going for you this month?  Which one have you been struggling with the most?
Sarah is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com