Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Writing a Book!



As the title implies, I'm writing a book!  An e-book to be exact.  Maybe I should have chosen a picture of computer code.  One of my closest friends inspired me with the idea. My whole life I've dreamed about being an author, but kind of lost the dream when I realized how expensive it can be to publish a book.  Also, I became disenchanted with the process when I heard about editors who demand changes to plot, publishers who pick their own covers, etc.  But writing an e-book is a little different.  It's self publishing without a lot of the headache.

I'm still in the early stages of brainstorming, outlining, and setting up the form of the book. The more work and time I put in, the more I realize I need a deadline, a cut off date.  My book will be done March 1st.  This gives me a little over a month to finish.  A due date is a big commitment.  I'm a procrastinator in the name of perfection.

Guess I should get to work...

*The above photo is not my own.  It is from an image collection I purchased the rights to use.
Sarah is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com