Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

October Resolutions Recap



October's Resolutions seemed simple enough for me to follow, but I must admit, I royally flopped at my goals this past month.  Thanks to Kelli Taylor from She Learns As She Goes for inspiring me with this wonderful idea of publicly writing out my goals for each month to keep accountable and share my experiences.

My Spiritual Goal for the month of October was to focus on the joy of the Lord.  The overall theme I have chosen for my Spiritual Resolutions are the Fruits of the Spirit mentioned in Galations 5:22, 23  My verse for the month was "...weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." - Psalms 30:5b  How true it is...whenever my night is filled with grief, it is a joy to wake up to a new day, where I can begin again.

On a different note, has anyone heard Taylor Swift's new song, "Begin Again"?  It is a slow song, but I like the message the song portrays.  It's a contrast song, comparing a bad relationship with a new one.  Isn't that what a lot of us do, me included, when we first enter a new relationship?  It helps me to remember, insulting someone in order to compliment another is not a true compliment.

I dropped the ball when it came to my Mental Resolutions for the month of October.  I did read a chunk of the manual, but did not blog or tweet at all.  It makes me uncomfortable to advertise my services when I'm still looking for an affordable office space.  At this point, an office outside the home is not looking like a possibility.  While I do believe God can open doors (and windows), I still worry and become impatient when things don't immediately go my way.

My Emotional Resolution for the month was to snail mail letters and invite girls to the gym with me.  I did write one letter, but I ended up canceling my gym membership.  Saving money has become a priority.  I would like to step up the snail mail letters.  I bought a cool book at a local used bookstore (2 for a $1, I couldn't resist!) called Whatcha Mean What's a Zine?  The Art of Making Zines and Mini-Comics.  It is inspiring me to experiment with art and be more creative.

My Physical Resolutions were thrown out the window after the second time being sick in the month.  I do need to spend more time in physical activity.  Since my work now involves mainly staying in one spot all day, I have noticed myself getting a little out of shape. Exercise has never been my favorite thing in the world.  If only I could find a way to make it more fun.

Let's tally up the grades:

Spiritual Goal:  A

Mental Goal:  C

Emotional Goal:  B

Physical: F

Let's hope November can be a more productive month.

*The above photo is not my own.  It is from a collection I bought the rights to use.  This is a resolution for next month, take more photographs!
Sarah is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com