Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Lemon Zucchini Bread

Yesterday I decided to make this lovely Lemon Zucchini Bread with Lemon Glaze.  It's a recipe I found on Pinterest (link).

2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 canola oil
2/3 sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 Tbs lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
lemon zest
1 cup grated zucchini

Somewhere online I read one cup of zucchini was about two zucchinis.  Yeah, depends on the size of the zucchini (duh).  I ended up with over 3 cups of zucchini from just one!  Eek!


Mix the first three dry ingredients in a large bowl.  I never use the amount of salt a recipe says to use.  Most times, I cut the amount in half, thus my 1/4 tsp instead of the recipe's 1/2 tsp.

Beat the eggs in a slightly smaller bowl, then add the oil, sugar, buttermilk, juice and zest, blending after each addition.

Fold in the zucchini.

Add the liquid to the dry mixture, don't overmix!

Depending on the size of your pan the bread can take anywhere from 35-50 minutes. Check on it every so often.


The glaze was a little tricky for me, because I don't have powdered sugar...but Google can help with almost any problem!

Turns out you can make your own powdered sugar!  Just grind regular sugar in a blender. So simple.  Many recommended for every one cup of sugar add 1 tsp of corn starch to prevent clumping.

Add enough lemon juice to make the glaze the texture/taste you like best.  Spread it on top of the bread once it has fully cooled.


While I'm writing this, I'm listening to Taylor Swift's "Trouble".  It's very addictive.  Just thought you might like to know.


We had scrambled eggs, bacon, and the bread for dinner.  Delicious!


  

Sarah is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com