Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Fiction Friday with Guest Blogger: Jen


Camp Lake Dip
Part Six

Day Eight: June 8, Wednesday, 2011.

Boy, today was a long day, but it was one of the best I have had in a long, long time. The stars are just starting to come out, the trees are blowing slowly in the soft breeze, and everything is perfect. I'm very tired, and my flashlight battery is just begining to grow weak, but I will try to write everything that happened since I last wrote. For starters, we didn't get to pick our buddies for the camp-out, the counslers did that part. I got put with Helan, poor Abby got Kirsty. We paddled across the lake in tiny, wooden, two-person canoes. Helan's actually a pretty good paddler. We were soon ahead of all the other canoes, besides the counslers'. It was right then when I saw how hard she worked- with her back bent, sweat driping down her face, arms never stoping- that I knew my first impression was wrong. In that same moment, I knew I wanted to be her friend-and maybe even Leah's, too. I know it seems crazy, but that's what hapened. When we got to the island, we had several activities to do with our buddy. I just couldn't get up the nerve to talk to Helan, but I wanted to like crazy. But, after the marshmellow roast, we went into out cabin and somthing amazing happened: Helan talked to me! Yeah, I know it sounds dumb, but she just came over to me and we talked and hung out, and get this: Helan has always liked me. The only reason that she never talked to me was because Leah didn't like me that much, and she did not want to upset her. So then she went to bed, but I stayed up writing. And now, as the little red battery light is flashing, I end my story and sign my name: SARAH PLAINS.




                THE END!!!!!
Sarah is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com