Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Luckily, I have two dads!  My earthly father and my heavenly Father, who both look after me and love me.


"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." - Romans 8:14


One of my favorite memories of my dad is when we would travel to NYC together for work.  We would get up at 2am in the morning and drive 3 1/2 hours in the dark and see the sunrise as we reached the Tappan Zee Bridge.  We would work til about 5pm and then drive all the way home.  One time we had a multiple day job, so we stayed in a hotel and hung out in the greatest city in the world.  We visited The Stage Door for breakfast and had bagels with a whole container of cream cheese on each!  The pizza in NYC is the greatest in the world, don't let anyone fool you. ;)


God also chooses to relate to us as His children.  He is always there for us, even when we don't necessarily see it.


"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." - James 1:17


Sarah is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com